Women’s Health Pilates
Women’s Health Pilates at the Greenwich Pilates Studio
The Greenwich Pilates Studio has been working with women over the past 13 years and feel there is a demand and a need for a women’s only specialised Pilates class.
Why is this?
- One in three women experiences bladder or bowel control problems at some time
- Up to 15% of women suffer from internal pain
- One in four women have pelvic organ prolapse
- An increasing number of women have a Diastasis recti. This is where the stomach sticks out because the space between your left and right belly muscles has widened. When the abdominal muscles move aside like this, the uterus, bowels, and other organs have only a thin band of connective tissue in front to hold them in place. The condition also can cause lower back pain, constipation, and urine leaking. It can even make it harder to breathe and to move normally. It’s rare, but in extreme cases, the tissue may tear, and organs may poke out of the opening — that’s called a hernia.
While these conditions are very common, they are not normal and are not necessarily to do with pregnancy or childbirth. Incontinence or pain can occur from childhood to our older years
How we can help you at the Greenwich Pilates Studio.
- Separation of your tummy muscles
- Bladder and Bowel dysfunction
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic girdle pain / Low back pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Postnatal Pilates
- Return to exercise after your baby
Who is this for?
These sessions are not only for women who have just had babies. The sessions are for all women regardless if you have had children or not.
When is this class?
Every Saturday 12.50pm – 1.50pm at the Greenwich Pilates Studio. The class is drop in £14.00. No need to book.
If you have any questions or would like to talk to us before you attend the class, please call Ellie Brown 07958 225598 or email Ellie
- Thrive Alive – a huge success.
- Mother and Baby Massage