Venue – Market Studios
Price – £15.00 session – £72.50 – 5 sessions – £140 – 10 sessions – £10.00 online
Our classes are kept small & intimate where we can get to know you and understand what you and your body needs during this special time. All our teachers are committed to supporting you through your pre-natal journey.
You can safely begin an exercise program during pregnancy after consulting with your health care provider, but do not try a new, strenuous activity. We advise to be cautious during the first 12 weeks (first trimester).
Pregnancy Pilates will help;
- Keep you strong & mobile throughout your pregnancy.
- Strengthen your core muscles, which equips your body better to cope with the strains caused by the weight of your growing baby. Hormones make the tissues (ligaments) that connect your bones more pliable in pregnancy, making you more prone to injury.
- Pevlic Girdle Pain (PGP) & Sciatica
- Reduces back pain, by exercising the deepest tummy muscles that stabilise your back and pelvis. Weak muscles can lead to back or pelvic pain.
- Strengthen your pelvic floor, which will help to support your bowel, bladder and uterus (womb) as your baby grows and moves down.
- Helps with balance, as you may feel a little more clumsy, or that your balance isn’t as good as usual, in pregnancy. Pilates exercises strengthen your core and may make you more stable when you walk as your bump grows.
- Takes the strain off your back and pelvis, by using positions such as going on your hands and knees, which is a great position for pregnancy. Towards the end of your pregnancy, it may also help to get your baby into the right position for birth.
- Relax and control your breathing, which is important for pregnancy and labour.
Booking. On booking a course with us you will be required to fill out one of our health forms.
If you would like more information on the course please call Ellie Brown 07958 225598