Pilates for Cancer
PILATES FOR CANCER WORKSHOP
We are incredibly fortunate to have two cancer rehabilitation specialists working at our Market Studios, supporting cancer patients.
The workshop below is for those who are already undergoing treatment or who are in remission.
Market Studio, 18 – 23 Greenwich Market,Durnford Street,Greenwich,London SE10 9HZ
Dr Karen Robb – Physiotherapist and Cancer Rehabilitation Specialist
Hannah Fletcher – a musculoskeletal physiotherapist, PINC cancer rehabilitation. Hannah sees oncology patients for rehabilitation at Blackheath BMI
Cancer rehabilitation is an essential component of cancer care. It is incredible to think that just by taking the simple step of getting involved in physical activity, people affected by cancer could be helping themselves to overcome a whole host of short and long-term physical and physiological problems.
This workshop will have both a theory and practical component.
The aims of the theory component are to look:
- Into the impact of cancer treatments on the body
- The benefits exercise can provide to counteract some of these side effects
- The current evidence and the guidelines for exercise and cancer
The practical component will involve:
- A Pilates class consisting of Pilates exercises that target improvements in a number of aspects of fitness, including: balance, flexibility and strength.
Prior to attending the workshop, we would like to contact you by phone to have a chat in regards to your specific circumstances. We will call you unless you would specifically like to call us.
Please wear loose comfortable clothing for this workshop. All the equipment is supplied.
- Pelvic Floor, Core Strength and Well Being Workshop
- How to stay fit and health during pregnacy